More than Fine

Everything is going to work out.

I had you asked me the simple question "how are you?" 4 hours ago, as some poor well meaning souls did. You would have gotten a "mneennewah" type groan or a 5 min-mini lecture on all the variables which hang in the balance with a personal invite to my semi-sick tired body's pity-party.

It was little after 10pm when I sat down with guitar and began to flesh out my woes. Why was I so concerned? Even now reading my last post it is clear I'm uncharacteristically stressed. I definitely upped the anti since then. I had lurched through my last 3 days in a flap over the details of my trip. As much as I would like to blame the Larium for my edge, I could only really attributed it to be an enhancer.

I am not sure quite what sparked my mind; however, it became apparent to me how foolish I had been. I have a ticket, yellow fever shot and a plane ticket... Really everything else is an accessory. It is not like there would nothing to do in Gambia if I arrived with out a FMR RNP or eco-charge battery system. I had done all I could. I was simply questioning Gods ability to aid the flow of international shipping. I had set my focus on all which could go wrong. The result was an undeniable drift from the vision of this trip, changing lives in light of Christ's love.

After planting my discombodulated self on a couch my guitar, pen and a pad of paper for a couple of hours. I emerged with a few chords put together with a few intelligent scribbles and peace. Arguably the most productive two hours of my week.

Thanks for your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,

Check it out and be encouraged~

"I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:9-10

Mindy said...

Hey Mike!

Good to hear that you are preparing...these trips are never unstressful, that's the great thing about missions! But your right, as someone once said, the important thing is: "to keep the main thing, the main thing."

So do we get to see or hear this song?

neseirf ekim said...

The song may or may not appear over the course of the week. I hope to test out my Gambian system with it. (providing it all arrives)